Post-Graduation Work Permit

Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) allows its students to obtain an open work permit in order to gain valuable Canadian work experience. It gives permission to its students to remain in Canada and work full time after getting the certificate or degree.

The length of Post-Graduation Work Permit ranges from 8 months to 3 years based on the official length of your program, not the amount of time spent completing the program requirements. If you complete a 4 year undergraduate degree, you are eligible for a 3 PGWP. 

If you are a graduate student, request a customized letter of completion which shows the length of your program. If your graduation program has a flexible time period, like 12 – 24 months, request that your letter shows the quantity of credits and additionally addresses the concentrated idea of your program, draft a letter of clarification, and contact International Student Advising for help.

Eligibility Criteria

After getting final marks the candidate has 180 days to apply for Post-Graduation Work Permit.

6 Ifs are required at the time of PGWP

  • If your study permit is still valid
  • If you have a valid visitor record
  • If you submit an application to submit your study permit before the arrival of expiry date
  • If you submit an application to change the status of you’ revisiting before the expiration of the study permit.
  • If you took an authorized gap in studies for less than 150 days.
  • If you have completed at least 50% of your program in-person.

Students who have completed their studies are allowed to work under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

When can I apply ?

You can only apply for PGWP after you receive your Letter of Completion which confirms that you have completed all the requirements of the program and you are now an eligible candidate.

Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) issues the permit only once in a life-time. You may study and work in Canada or you may wish to apply after you complete your second program.


A visa will open your new ways of success and it will work as a strong bridge. So, if you want to settle down in foreign countries then Visa is a must. For more updates you can contact the counselor office or can consult the administrative officer. Post-Graduation Work Permit allows an individual to earn soon after the graduation. 

We Run a Wide Range of

Migration Administrations That Promise Your Prosperity

Simon Fraser University
UBC - University of British Columbia
Scotiabank - Financial services company
Job Bank